Sunday, April 22

spring

It seems appropriate to launch this blog during my favorite season of the year - SPRING! Of course, I do need to remind myself that although the calendar may say it is spring, winter can still be a snowflake away. Yet, there's a feeling in the air as the days lengthen and the temperatures rise that indeed spring is here :-)

There's so many things I love about spring, but I think my favorite part is the return of so many talkative singing birds. It's a delight to wake up in the morning to the sound of birds chattering outside and during the day the woods are alive with activity by a variety of birds. It seems that even God delights in them and allows them to grace his altars:

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise!" ~Psalm 84:1-4

This morning when I woke up there was an unknown bird in a tree close to our bedroom window. It's song was "tweeeeeeet tweet tweet" and it was nice to listen to....but it went on and on, then moved to a lower pitch. The annoyance moved me out of bed and into the kitchen to start some coffee, but first the dogs needed to go out. As I let them out, it was easy to hear that there were several birds outdoors singing that same song. Hmmm, I wonder if our murmuring and complaining and grumbling sounds like that to our Heavenly Father? Perhaps it's often the same song, but a different pitch? It was a good reminder to me not to get caught up in that, but to instead follow the words of the Psalm and to sing a joyful song of praise which would be pleasing to the ears of my Heavenly Father.

And isn't it wonderful to receive confirmation of God's Word as a few hours later our pastor preached on "Be Glad" from Acts 2:24-28. Because of who God is we can be glad no matter what the circumstances....He is always before us on the paths of life.

So here's to spring! And here's to singing songs of praise!

2 comments:

Noel said...

It's lovely!!

pianopraise80 said...

Good job, Mom!!

I DO love spring! Life from death all around, and in the heart, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin