Thursday, April 26

three flower shops

What could be more glorious than visiting three flower shops in one day on a spring day! :-D

One: My first stop was to pick up a gift certificate for someone at church at a local garden center. Oh, it was wonderful to browse through all the gardening supplies and furniture and planters and signs and bird feeders and hanging this and that AND the greenhouse with all the flowers! In order to purchase the gift certificate, I needed to go into the indoor gift area where a friend works. She was delighted to show me the Vera Bradley collection which she has been talking about for some time. I, um, quite easily bought for myself one of the smaller bags that was on sale. Perhaps I can recommend the accessories for it to my children when they ask me about a Mother's Day gift? :-D

Two: My second stop was to pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers to be dropped off at church. Tall, colorful, and scented. It was fun to be the delivery person a few minutes later and brighten someone else's day :-)

Three: My third stop was this afternoon when I went to my favorite florist to finalize a wedding order for our oldest daughter's upcoming wedding. She had several of the flowers in stock which will be the type used in the bouquets and arrangements plus we reviewed the pictures and styles that my daughter had chosen. Oh, they will be so pretty! And isn't there something wonderful about the scents flowing through a florist shop. I'm glad I'm not a sneezer!

As much as I love the scent of flowers, more importantly would be to share my love for Christ through His fragrance in my life. A perfect Scripture comes to mind:

"But thanks be to God! For through what Christ has done, he has triumphed over us so that now wherever we go he uses us to tell others about the Lord and to spread the Gospel like a sweet perfume. As far as God is concerned there is a sweet, wholesome fragrance in our lives. It is the fragrance of Christ within us, an aroma to both the saved and the unsaved all around us." ~II Corinthians 2:14-15

Be a fragrant offering in your home today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Tammy, I am enjoying reading your blog (I think I am all caught up). What a nice way to keep in touch! I love the garden theme, and it is so encouraging to know that the Master Gardener is at work in our homes. God bless you, Dear, as you delight Him and your family with a sweet fragrance in His garden.

Bonnie said...

Tammy, I tried to reply to your email to me, and I got a "fatal error". Here is the text of the email (actually nothing new):
So do you know why the email didn't go through?

"Tammy, thank you for the invitation! It is so nice to be able to keep in touch this way. I have loved catching up on your blog -- your family is very blessed to have a mom with such insights that will draw them closer to the Lord. Well, you visit Clearly Seen when you can, and I have already put your link on my Favorites. God bless you and your family!

mom said...

Bonnie, I have no idea why the email didn't work?? Computer stuff is beyond me for the most part *grin*

I'm so glad you visited here and look forward to us staying in touch in the days ahead as you are such a blessing to me! {{{Bonnie}}}

Blog Widget by LinkWithin