Tuesday, May 29

delights of the best kind

Our house has a different feel to it. After two weeks of having my daughter-in-law and granddaughter here, they went back home later on Monday. We had gotten used to all the household babyproofing we had to do - lock the door! shut the gate! watch the dog while she has a cookie in her hand! grab your cup before she tips it! get her out of the toliet! she's eating dog food! ETC. - and suddenly there is a hush. Ah, it is easier wandering around the house and not having to worry about those things, but we're also missing that dimpled smile that comes so quickly to her face. Those tender kisses she freely gives. The "uppy" signal with her outstretched arms. The chattering to the woof-woofs. The dirty clothes from sandbox play. Ah, what a delight grandangels are!

And what a delight daughter-in-laws are! It was a blessing to have a grown-up female in the house to chatter with day and night :-) You know how women have so many words to say in a day....well, I'm sure we covered whatever that number is and MORE! Plus she kept my lists for me and made sure I kept on track with pre-wedding, wedding, and post-wedding activities. Now I'm back to working on my own lists and the forgetfulness that comes with them as she isn't nearby me to write things down as I think of them....which means I'm back to talking to myself until I find my list to write things down. At least my kids are used to that and shake their heads at their silly mom :-)

And add to list of delights....friends! Tonight I'm hosting a dinner for the ladies who abundantly blessed me with their creative minds and helping hands as we worked on the wedding decorating at the church and reception. It will be nice to eat, relax, and chat with supportive friends. May I be as much as an encouragement to them as they have been to me!

So many of the delights in life come from relationships. And what greater relationship can there be than the one we have with the Lord? When making out lists, our relationship with the Lord should take the top priority. Consider Psalm 37:4 - "Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Doesn't that just make you smile? :-D

Hoping that whatever is going on in your life today - sunshine or stormy weather - that you are able to find a blessing to be delighted about in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin