Saturday, May 12

pray in prayer

Prayer.....a young man from our church is seriously ill and currently hospitalized in the ICU. All day my mind kept running to prayer for him and his family and I know I'm not alone in doing this. I believe earnest prayer holds power.

As I thought about this, it reminded me of a devotional a couple weeks back. It was about Elijah and the intensity of his prayer in I Kings 18. He was a lone prophet of the Lord at this time living in a land of famine and drought. And yet he trusted God fully and completely as he prayed. He prayed with fervency and entered into a posture of prayer that shut all things out (verse 42) "....but Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel, bent down to the ground, and put his face between his knees." He did not give up. One commentary said he prayed praying. Even James makes mention of his fervent, earnest, continued prayer in James 5:17-18. Whoa! How often do we do that? Imagine what our lives would look like it we consistently prayed this way? Prayed for our families with such intensity? Prayed for our churches? Our country? God's power is just a prayer away.....

Plant some prayer in your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin