Thursday, May 10

a saying for today

As I sat down at my computer this morning, I looked up at my calendar and this was the saying for the month: "An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves." ~Lydia M. Child.

It certainly is appropriate as we are on wedding crunch countdown in our home. There are many decisions being made right now, but oh, what joy in making them as they are in anticipation of making someone else delightfully happy. And what a blessing friends are who are coming alongside right now to help, to pray, to hug, to suggest, to work, to encourage. God is good...all the time!

Perhaps the hardest thing right now is hearing the outdoors softly calling my name. Spring is my favorite time to be puttering out in the yard after a long winter, and alas, I have not lifted a finger yet. But there will be time in the days ahead to get my hands in the dirt again, to pull the weeds, to plant something new, to water the old. And there are seasons like that in life. There are things pulling at my heart to plant in the lives of my children, to water and nurture maturing friendships, to pull some sins out of my life, and yet I am in a season of harvest as a child marries. All in God's perfect timing!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin