Saturday, May 5

singing in the garden

The Scripture for my morning devotional was only one verse, but I like to read things in more of a context feeling. Actually this whole chapter was good, but here's a few verses:

"And they rose early in the morning and went out into the wilderness of Tekoa. And when they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, 'Hear me, Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem! Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be established; believe his prophets, and you will succeed.' And when he had taken counsel with the people, he appointed those who were to sing to the Lord and praise him in holy attire, as they went before the army, and say, 'Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.' And when they began to sing and praise, the Lord set an ambush against the men of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah, so that they were routed." ~II Chronicles 20:20-22

Okay, I really enjoyed these verses because I'm a morning person and that's when this took place *grin* just teasing a bit.....Jehoshaphat was surrounded by the bad guys and took time to fast and pray and confirm his belief in God. Then with thanksgiving in their hearts, they sang and praised the Lord as they moved forward. And the end result was that the enemy was defeated (you can read more about that in the following verse).

I don't know why I always stand amazed when God provides His timely Word for my life at the moment...God is so incredible! The month of May will no doubt be the most challenging month of the year for me and there is a sense of challenge on every side in so many areas of my life. Not that it's all enemy territory, but it could be easy for me to fall into defeat because of the overwhelmingness of it all. And yet in these verses, I'm again reminded to refresh my spirit in WHO God is, trust Him completely in everything, give thanksgiving, and sing and praise Him as I move forward through my days. Simple, yet profound.

Join me in singing in your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

pianopraise80 said...

Will do!!

LA LA LA LA!! :-D

Love you!

mom said...

Ahhh, too bad you don't have the P & P piano music yet to sing along to....you know, make up words as you go like the littles do *grin*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin