Thursday, June 7

energy

When talking to a friend yesterday, we both found that as early birds we've suddenly had a harder time getting up in the morning. Doesn't make sense because it's lighter in the mornings now which should make it even easier to get up and GO! But instead we actually feel more tired. Our conclusion was that because we've been in a spring pattern of earlier get-ups and also later go-downs because it stays light longer in the evenings, our bodies have finally had enough and are shouting, "CATCH UP ON YOUR REST!" :-)

Last night when I crawled into bed, I pulled out a devotional book that I will read before I fall asleep because they are short devotions and I can usually get one read before the zzzzzz's hit. My ribbon was still in place for Monday and since I hadn't read it yet, I found it was the perfect thing to read for my tiredness.

Everything that you and I do takes energy from us and causes our energy level to reduce. While there are some people who seem to have unlimited energy, nobody really does.

The older we get, the more we realize we can't do some of the things we did when we were younger. But the power of God is never diminished. When he exercises His great power on behalf of anyone or anything, all of His power is still at the same level. He is never tired.

Isaiah said, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary" (Isaiah 40:28). You don't need to wait and give God a chance to rest up. You can go to God at any time and know that all of His power is available to you.

~David Jeremiah


Isn't that a wonderful reminder?! God is never tired. Before we close our eyes at night, we know that He is still working and creation will not skip a beat. And when we really do need energy, we can call upon Him :-)

May you be energized in your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin