Wednesday, June 20

lower your wings

Oh, how I love to "chew" on things! And lately some of my devotionals have hit on the "be still" theme and I'm chewing again. Perhaps the reason it is such a chewable topic is that the concept is such a stretch for me while living in a large household of people. There are those few quiet moments in the early morning before the children are up, but even then it's hard to be still knowing in the back of my mind that at any moment someone could interrupt.

And how still is still? Earlier this week the devotion was talking about a vision of Ezekiel's. His visions definitely top any Christian Sci Fi literature out there. Wow! But the cool thing was his descriptions of the living creatures - your imagination could go wild envisioning them. And they were noisy creatures "like the tumult of an army" or "the noise of great waters". But when the Lord spoke, they not only stood still, but they lowered their wings (Ezekiel 1:25). Bingo - there's my "chew" - to not just be still, but to lower my wings. Do I ever actually do that? Even in my early morning devotions I have one ear open for the pitter patter of someone getting up and checking in on mom first thing like they like to do. It feels kind of like having one wing cocked, you know? Yet my heart longs for the "be still" so that I will hear Him speak to me - "Your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right or to the left." ~ Isaiah 30:21

Oh, I don't have the answers and will no doubt continue "chewing" on this a bit more and being thankful for those be still quiet moments that I am blessed with :-)

May you have some wing lowering moments in your life, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin