Friday, June 8

so so

My littlest of the littles uses the words "so so" before descriptive words. For example, "I'm so so hungry" or "I'm so so tired" or "It so so hurts" or "This is so so pretty". Which means I often succumb to peer pressure and use that expression myself :-) My apologies to those who read it here and in emails...hehe.

HOWEVER, I am feeling a lot of "so so" things on this day. I am so so tired of this cool weather. I so so really want to plant my garden. I so so want to finish up the last of the wedding stuff. I so so want to be caught up on my laundry. I so so want to complete the photo album project I've started. I so so want my desk clean again AND my bedroom for that matter. I so so need to pack up dishes at my in-laws house. I so so need to sit down and pay bills. I so so have to finish correcting the last of our schooling. I so so feel so so overwhelmed. And....well....I think you get the idea. Lots of "so so"'s (how do you pluralize such a crazy word? LOL!) and lots of *I* Bad combination. Sounds a bit like ::::whispering:::: murmuring, eh? I should just come right out and say "I am so so discontent at the moment!"!!!

And then I think of the apostle Paul who had it so so much more worse than I could ever imagine and his words from Philippians - "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." He could still say that through jailings, beatings, shipwrecks, stonings, persecution to the max?! So, what's his secret? Easy. Just a couple verses down, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Surely my murmuring and complaining could be so so easily relieved if I'd take my eyes off my self-centered spirit and turn them upward to the Lord and ask for His strength to tackle all my projects. No need to be overwhelmed and frustrated if I've asked Him to guide my day and my projects. Then I'll be doing just what He wants me to accomplish with a little bit of flexibility to be open to something maybe NOT on my list that is on His list :-)

May you not be sowing discontent in your garden today (yikes! who wants to reap that crop?!), but being content in the breath of life and what God has for you this day!

Have a so so wonderful day! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for a great reminder, Tammy. He is so so strong when I am so so weak! BTW, I think that is so so cute of Krysten/Kristen/Kristyn!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin