Sunday, July 22

a day of contentment

My goodness, but the day has gotten away from me! There were three or four times today that I considered sitting down to blog and was interrupted before my fingers hit the keys. Just one of those days....but I'm not complaining because each time I was interrupted for something that allowed my heart to continue on a path of contentment.

There are days, however, when those interruptions bring out the grrrrrrrrs. One thing leads to another thing which leads to the third thing and frustration builds. And that reminds me of something I read by Elisabeth Elliot: There is always enough time to do the will of God. For that we can never say, "I don't have time." When we find ourselves frantic and frustrated, harried and harassed and "hassled", it is a sign that we are running on our own schedule, not on God's. *gulp* Those are the times I can plead guilty as charged!

For mothers, it's finding the balance between a rigid schedule and an anything goes calendar. Marking the priorities of the day, but allowing a little flexibility when God whispers a change of plans into your ear.

Help me, Lord, to follow Your lead for all of my days!

Off to bake cookies to stick into the mail for my girl who is at camp this week :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

Randi said...

I love this quote and I am writing it down!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin