Sunday, July 29

how big?

"The ability of God is beyond our prayers, beyond our largest prayers! I have been thinking of some of the petitions that have entered into my supplication innumerable times. What have I asked for? I have asked for a cupful, and the ocean remains! I have asked for a sunbeam, and the sun abides! My best asking falls immeasurably short of my Father's giving: it is beyond what we can ask." ~ J.H. Jowett

This came from one of my devotionals this week. It reminded me of a women's retreat where the speaker said that we often come before the Lord in prayer with our thimbles to be filled when He'd rather overflow buckets for us! I shared that thought with the ladies of my Bible study and one even took a picture of that concept as a visual reminder that is kept in one of my Bibles. Then this morning our sermon was about the omnipotence of God - His POWER. Getting plugged into it. His power doesn't equate to a firecracker but is greater than an atomic bomb!

All the visuals put God into perspective, don't they? And I keep wondering if these reminders to me right now are meant to get me to ponder a bit. Perhaps I think too small? Perhaps God is getting cramped when He's squeezed into a little box? Perhaps my vision for the work the Lord has for me is weighed in ounces and should be tons? Perhaps it's time to step out in courage, trust Him, and watch Him be a MIGHTY God in my life? How about you?

May you walk your garden path knowing a BIG God walks with you!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin