Thursday, July 19

those little unexpected surprises

God's sense of humor....

Yesterday was a planned travel day, but my plans shifted a bit. I was scheduled to leave with one of the olders when he was done with work and after I picked up my VBSers at noon. Then his work schedule changed and he wasn't needed for the day which meant we could leave after we dropped off the VBSers in the morning. Only one of the VBSers didn't want to go. Tears were flowing as I was ready to leave the classroom, so my soft heart gave in and brought her along.

So off we went! It was nice to be able to tune into clear Christian radio stations along the way and since we were now traveling in the morning, we were able to listen to Focus on the Family. And the topic? Unexpected unplanned pregnancies. Those surprise announcements. Are you smiling with me yet? I found God's sense of humor interesting since I hadn't even planned on traveling until the afternoon and instead just happened upon this program in the morning. Unexpectedly. Three women were interviewed about their experiences.

After the program was done, I could ponder about our own family. I can't say many of our children were actually planned, but welcomed surprises by God. We trusted His timing. And I could look into the back seat of my car at my beautiful last surprise who is such a blessing to our lives and is best known by the name Lovey since it describes her to a tee.

But why this program now? I do hope it was strictly for the purpose of pondering and counting the blessings of surprises in my life. I do think I would be in shock if the program was preparing me for something in my future. You know, like an unexpected pregnancy. Although I tend to believe our family is complete and able to enjoy growth through grandbabies at ths time, in the back of my mind I'm reminded of my doctor's mother who gave birth to her last baby when she was 52 years old.

It would be nice to pick our surprises, wouldn't it? *grin*

May you be blessed by whatever little surprises that come your way along the path today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

P.S. I'm enjoying typing this out on a brand new Mac mini computer at my daughter's house. It is quite a novelty for me to have an 'f' key...hehe. We have an appointment to attend to this morning and then will be on the long drive home. I'm not certain if I'll turn the radio on or not!

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I handled our little Katie at 42 with delight and joy.

A baby at 50 would be, um, shocking!

God knows best.

mom said...

Yes, my last was born right before I turned 45yo, but it definitely was a more challenging pregnancy. I wouldn't trade her for the world though :-) But at 50....I dunno....shocking seems like an understatement! LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin