Monday, August 6

bird watching

Who says you have to go to exotic locations and hide in a tree to watch birds with binoculars? This is a classic bird watching pose in our house as demonstrated by the little kitten prince and my little princess who have positioned themselves at the door by the front deck. We have a few bird feeders hanging off the top which the birds fly to in order to eat seeds or suet in the winter months. The birds frequently will then fly down to the deck railing to eat which is what these two are watching.

And yes, our poor screen door really looks like that. The combination of dogs, cats, and kids puts the screen in miserable condition. The current screen is unable to be repaired and needs to be replaced. Hmmm, I wonder which one of the boys could be hired for such a job?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

We had a screen door just like that!

Does that kitty have any sibs available?

We could come and get it!

What birds did you see?
Do you have an eagles nest near you?

mom said...

Sorry, only four in the litter and all claimed. They were lovingly family raised, so the little prince has adapted very well. There is a bit of concern by the big kids around here with Lovey carrying him around every moment she can, but I really want him to have a lot of exposure to that kind of handling so he will be good with grandbabies :-)

Birds this time of the year are mainly my favorite chick-a-dee dee dees and various finches.

We've had an eagle's nest back in the woods in past years, but now that you mention it I can't say that I've seen the eagles circling like they typically do. I'll have to keep an eagle eye on the sky!

Donna Boucher said...

You have a cute way with words when you are being silly :o)
You remind me of my sister Cindy.

Chippies and Chick a dee dee dees :o)

My sis coined Vanna for the Van and Mallie for the Mall.

I'm a simple girl who is easily humored :o)

Well...if Katie can't have one of those gorgeous kitties...I'm happy that you do :o)

mom said...

Yes, we have our own language around here and yes, I actually sing-song "chick-a-dee-dees, chick-a-dee-dee-dees" every time I fill the bird feeders. They are such happy friendly little birds :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin