Wednesday, August 8

a book!

With all the gardening excitement today around here, I just remembered my dancing of the morning!

You know, I do have a couple of favorite things in this world like babies, and kids, and puppies, and kittens, and coffee cups, and pretty stationary, and flip flops, and, whoops, I have more than a couple favorite things, don't I? But have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy books?! Yup, it does seem I may have mentioned our recent new addition of old books from the library sale which join wonderful books already found on shelves throughout our home.

So, can you imagine my delight upon hearing that I've actually WON a new book?! Yup, me...me who rarely wins anything. Nada. So, woo hoo! Yup, the contest brought me out of lurking (ohhh, how I detest that internet word as it sounds so so creepy!) so that I could be entered in a drawing at Mels' blogsite...and I won! Actually, it's her other blogsite that I tend to regularly check more often as it's so encouraging if you're working on weight loss (and I wonder if she can hear me cheering her off the plateau every Thursday!). Not only is she an inspiration as she goes through her weight loss journey, but she often has links which have helpful and healthful tips for her readers.

But back to the book...it is a new book by Mary DeMuth called Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture. You can read more about the book and Mary at her blogsite . Cool, huh? :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Congrats!

I read The Amazing Shrinking Mom almost every day!

I hope you enjoy the book.

Your comment above about molding not cloning is an excellent one!!!

mom said...

Perhaps I originally got her link from you? Have you posted it, Donna?

I'm looking forward to the book :-)

And thanks....I've learned that one the hard way :::sigh:::

Blog Widget by LinkWithin