Monday, August 20

a lesson in contentment

Okay, I have been really good, haven't I? You haven't been bored to tears with daily kitten pictures which would be so so easy to post. Nope, I've spared all of you the delight of this little kitten that everyone who stops here wants to take home. My husband and I have decided he's been the easiest kitten we've ever had although he is getting into a bit of trouble with my plants...grrr! But, I couldn't resist this morning.

My littlest goes kitten hunting as soon as she hops out of bed every morning. And pretty soon she comes wandering in by me with a kitty in her arms. And does that kitten ever purr while she's holding him! She loves to hold him and we've taught her how to hold him so he feels supported. We've also instructed her to let him go when he starts wiggling. But you know, he doesn't wiggle much with her. He purrs. He's happy. He sleeps in her arms. The older siblings are often complaining about how much she holds him and how she's holding him and perhaps she shouldn't run with him in her arms and the spinning has to stop (she told us he gets so so dizzy when he spins! yikes! we did tell her absolutely no more spinning). But you know what? When he's with her no matter what, he purrs. He's happy. He's perfectly content. He's secure. He can rest. Purr. Purr. Purr.

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." ~ Philippians 4:11

Can I say the same? Am I content with daily life? When it feels like God is running with me to a place I don't know where I'm going? When life is spinning around me? When I'm in an awkward position? Am I wiggling to go off on my own? Or am I content whatever the circumstances to stay put in His arms? Purr. Purr. Purr.

Honestly, I can say that through all the different things the Lord has been through with me where He has constantly revealed His faithfulness in innumerable ways...yes, I can trust Him. Yes, I can rest in His arms. Yes, I can be content. Not perfectly as it may take me a moment or two to get my balance, but yes, contentment is present in my life. And I'm certain I will get more opportunities to practice contentment in the days ahead!

Purr. Purr. Purr.

May you find a place of contentment in your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I'm glad to hear you purring without the rain.

Your daughter's eyes are gorgeous. She is really so pretty!

And that kitty!!!!

What a beauty...and he's sweet.

Do I have to be content with my bratty cat????

mom said...

Yes, you do have to be content with your bratty cat....and try not to provoke her so much! LOL! Calico cats should just sit on a pedestal and be admired anyways, Donna! :-)

Our Family of Five said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, I really enjoyed reading it. God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin