Thursday, August 30

lost in the city

My garden is in the midst of the big woods. I love this quiet spot where my home is hidden away from the world.

:::the bell tolls:::

This past week we have traveled to two US metropolitan cities as we took one son to college and helped another son and his family move. Once again I've been startled right out of my serene little haven to the reality of the world. The magnitude of so so many people as they are coming and going in millions of cars on the freeway. All the zillions of windows lighted in apartments and homes as you drive down the streets. People watching at various places we'd stop along the way...some in the latest fashion, others pushing a grocery cart filled with their life's possessions. ALL needing a Savior. MOST not knowing Him.

:::the bell tolls:::

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ~ Romans 10:14-15

The enormity of the cities shocks me into thoughts of the enormity of the lost. However, souls are won one by one. My prayer is that my son on the secular college campus will be a light pointing to Jesus. My prayer is that my oldest son and family who have moved closer to their church in order to be more effective in ministry will be a light pointing to Jesus. My prayer is that my daughter and husband working out in the world will be a light pointing to Jesus.

And my prayer is that even in this quiet little haven I can be a light pointing to Jesus for even here are souls lost in the woods.

May you, too, be a light to the lost wherever your garden is planted!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

pianopraise80 said...

Mom, why is it the last 3 days you've made me cry?? You have to stop waxing so eloquent and being such a helper!! LOL (either that or it's these darn pregnancy hormones out of control once more! LOL)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin