Saturday, August 11

yet I will

The verses from my morning devotional:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut of from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation." ~ Habakkuk 3:17-18

Think back. Life's struggles. What is my focus? Me. How am *I* going to get through this? The storm clouds get darker. The wind picks up. And suddenly *I* realize *I* am helpless and cry out, "LORD!" And the burden is released, lifted to His shoulders, and my heart rejoices in God. What's the secret? Just go to the next verse - which was not part of the devotional, but a good reason to always open your Bible to read the verses in context - "God, the Lord, is my strength". When we turn to God, in any situation, His strength is ours.

I know this in my head. In fact, every time it happens I think next time I'm going to turn to the Lord right away! And what happens the next time? It takes me awhile. But I am getting better about it being sooner. I am learning. Perhaps the old expression does hold some truth - an old dog can learn new tricks :-) I just wish sometimes God didn't have to keep practicing this lesson on me!

May you find rejoicing in your heart when the dark clouds roll over your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wonderful post! It seems we all have a hard time remembering to "call on God." I want to become so dependent on God that it's "natural" to call on Him immediately.

Found you via our similiar interest in Sara Groves! Have a great week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin