Monday, September 10

a new club year

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" ~ II Timothy 2:15

This is the key verse for the AWANA Club and I've written it in the King James Version because that is how I learned it way back when our family began our journey with this ministry. Our oldest was in kindergarten at the time when we became involved in a new church with the AWANA Club program. And our family has been actively participating ever since in various roles.

I've served as an assistant to the commander (my husband), club secretary, club director, listener, game director, and from the beginning, the store keeper :-)
Tonight we begin our new club year and it will be a busy season until we finish in April. This marks my second year as an actual leader and it is my favorite role in the program. I'm working with the Chums which are 3rd and 4th grade girls. They are so sweet and have tender hearts to receive God's word. I love to share Jesus with them and I hope they will grow out of my group knowing how much He loves them.

Autumn is an exciting time in a church as it is a new season for many ministries. All the youth programs kick-off as well as home and Sunday morning Bible studies. There is an excitement in the air as God's word works in the hearts of His people.

May you, too, have autumn changes which excite your heart for God!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

God bless you for your service to Awana.
Katie loves it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin