Saturday, September 22

an often forgotten praise

Last night I woke up during the middle of the night to take a bathroom trip. And after crawling back into bed, I thought about how cool our bodies are made. While sound asleep, my body is still working. Heart beating, lungs breathing, kidneys filtering, digestive system breaking down, muscles rolling me over without conscious thought, dreams playing as my mind hasn't truly stopped, alarm going off to wake me up to get up to go to the bathroom. All those things intricately working together without instruction. All those things taken for granted on a daily basis.

That knowledge is nothing new. How often have I talked about it with the kids as we've gone through a science or health lesson? Many many a time. How often do I stop and thank God for His marvelous creation of my body? Not enough!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful." ~ Psalm 139:14

May a forgotten praise be remembered and come from your lips as you walk along through your garden today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin