Saturday, September 8

out for sup

Last night when my husband came home from work, he offered to take the family out for supper. Woo hoo! I had a plan for supper, but hadn't started it yet as it wouldn't take long to make (thank you, procrastination...hehe!) We pulled out the newspaper to pick a place as we hadn't been out to eat for quite awhile and were interested in eating where a Friday night fish fry was offered which is so popular where we live. Once we decided, the van was loaded up and off we went!

The place we chose was a popular seasonal restaurant which offers an all-you-can-eat in lumberjack style meal plan. Perfect for when you have older boys...and even the girls did a mighty fine job. And it was the restaurant's final fish blast for the season, so the timing was also perfect.

Oh, and did I mention that I once worked at this restaurant? Yup. Thirty, no, thirty-one years ago. The summer after my first year of college. Single girl. Made lots of tips. Had a great time with the fellow college aged employees. What? Thirty-one years ago? It seems like yesterday but it was a lifetime ago. My, has my life changed in that amount of time! I'm quite certain that back then I could have never imagined what my life would look like today...married, nine children, one grandchild, homeschooling, and still living in the same house. Many many challenges between then and now. Challenges I could have never conceived back then and challenges which immaturity would have never been able to handle. However, God had a plan. He still has a plan. And I'm thinking if I live another thirty-one years I will look back to now and think...many many challenges between then and now. Challenges I could have never conceived back then and challenges which immaturity would have never been able to handle.

Praise God for his faithfulness through the years! Praise God that He walks with us through all the many many challenges! Praise God that He is patient with us as He matures us with each step! And praise God for His plan which continually unfolds day by day and year by year!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I know where you were :o)

My father always lamented the fact that he had six girls when we went to that Establishment.
He wanted to bring seven big boys to eat their money's worth :o)

Do they serve donuts before the fist fry?

mom said...

I knew you'd figure it out, Donna LOL!

No donuts before the fish fry, but carrot cake at the end. My husband bought a donut on the way out for the littlest. Ohhh, a memory of my favorite shift to work there was early morn as we would grab one of those sugar donuts while they were hot! Mmmmmmmm!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin