Wednesday, September 5

ready or not

The kids are ready and the house is settled enough - at least for them - to officially start school this morning. I don't feel ready yet and my mind is whirring with all that is left to do, but I will commit to sitting at the kitchen table for the morning to get everyone going on this year's studies. At least they've been unofficially doing some school which makes it easier. And I do have our rough draft schedule for the year made out already, so it won't take too long to put it down in formal print. Oh, the littlest is already up and playing in the newly enlarged playroom still as happy as a bug in a rug :-)

Tomato update: I have not missed tomato canning season as I found out they've only had a bushel or two come through the farm market this late summer. Apparently the area of the state where the tomatoes come from has been hard hit by the large amount of rain which has fallen and that has affected the tomato crop. They are soggy! I've never heard of a soggy tomato before. Anyway, their produce truck is traveling there today and I'm on the list for a few bushels of tomatoes if available. Tomorrow MAY be canning day :-)

It's a beautiful morning as I write and the weather is forecasted to be very warm and summerlike. And yet as I look out my window, the woods no longer looks that deep shade of green as the leaves begin fading. A season of change both outside and inside. It's a good thing. A very good thing. And I'm thankful to have the solid rock of the Lord beneath me through all the changes.

Have a good day! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Our Family of Five said...

I truly long for fall, but I'm not sure how much of one we will get here. I am going to do my best not to get really really homesick over the next few months. (Fall is wonderful in North Carolina)I just have to remember God has put me here for this season of my life..... for whatever reason, and His plans are perfect, right? :)

I'm sorry the tomato crop was all but washed away. On this side of the country we've suffered a drought. I haven't seen any really great tomatoes here either.

How many are you homeschooling, and what grades or ages? Blessings to you! Lynn

Donna Boucher said...

Oh. Is that what has happened to our tomatoes?

They just stopped producing.

Perhaps they are soggy too.

mom said...

Oh, Lynn! {{{Lynn}}} I love our four distinct seasons and would have a hard time living anywhere else. Maybe in this new season of your life there will be richer blessings than the turning of the leaves. Is this a permanent move for you?

This year we are down to four students - 3rd grade, 6th grade, 8th grade, and 10th grade. Then there's the pre-K who flits in and out of the kitchen occasionally to do a page or two if she wants :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

mom said...

Do you have tomatoes ripening on your plants, Donna? I need to go out and snip off all the blossoms that are continuing to grow as my season is going to run out soon!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Our Family of Five said...

No, thankfully it isn't permanent. But it may be somewhat long term, meaning at least 3 or 4 years.

Wow, you have such a wide range you're homeschooing. I have 6th and 8th grade boys and then a 16 month old baby girl. I've learned to become a 'relaxed' homeschooling mom. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin