Tuesday, September 11

w & w

This morning my husband and I woke up early. He had to meet a friend for their weekly early morning breakfast and I decided it was time to get back on track with my walking as it has been neglected through the summer. We are headed into a cooler season and although I enjoy walking outdoors, it is nice to take advantage of indoor walking. Our local high school opens their fieldhouse track to walkers and runners for about two early hours on school days. There usually aren't a lot of people there and although once in awhile I'll see someone I know, but for the most part I walk alone with a steady pace.

Today I wasn't just walking. I was wrestling. Wrestling with God. I was praying. Praying to God. And the combination moved my usual nice steady pace to a bit more pavement pounding speed.

Walking and wrestling. More walking and more wrestling. For an hour.

The truth is no one can ever win a wrestling match against God. He already knows my heart, so everything I was wrestling with was no surprise to Him. However, it helped me to pour it out and to know He was listening. My heart is full of unanswered questions which will most likely not be answered until eternity. And you know, getting those answers then probably won't matter an iota by that time.

When I got home from my walking and wrestling session, I opened my Bible to find a particular Psalm. But as I opened it, my Bible fell open to the end of Job. Yup, right where God is answering Job's many questions with answers which are questions...questions that no human being has answers to yet our all knowing God does. And I felt like Job.

"The LORD said to Job: 'Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!'

Then Job answered the LORD: 'I am unworthy -- how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. I spoke once, but I have no answer--twice, but I will say no more.'" ~ Job 40:1-5

Wrestling match over. I will say no more. It's another walk of faith and trusting God knowing He does have all the answers in His plan for our lives.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Our Family of Five said...

Your posts always encourage and uplift. Once again you have written something that hits so very close to home. I have been in a wrestling match with God over the past few days. (some of us are more hard-headed than others) :)

Why is it so hard to trust? Just to walk blindly, and simply trust? I've seen God move mountains in my life, and I still struggle with the sin of doubt and fear.

mom said...

Yes, we all have wrestling matches with Him, don't we? Our heads know, our hearts need to catch up. Perhaps that is the lesson? For our hearts to absolutely know the peace found in Him which would match the knowledge our heads have of Him. Simple trust, just as you said...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin