Sunday, October 28

32 jars

Since our schooling took all day and into the evening on Friday, I knew Saturday had to be spent finishing up the carrot canning. From starting on Thursday until ending yesterday, thirty-two jars later and I can now say my carrot peeling days are over for this gardening season. Whew!

Spending Saturday at the kitchen sink wasn't all bad. I decided to dig through some old CDs to listen to and pulled out one by Rich Mullins entitled "Songs". It was so so good to listen to and nourished my spirit while I worked on food to nourish my family's bodies. And I confess to hitting the repeat button, um, four times, on his song "Sometimes by Step". Don't worry, no one was sitting in the kitchen during that time wondering if mom was okay listening to the same song over and over again. I just felt the need to sing it out LOUD a few times...hehe!

Okay, you want to know what was even cooler?! This morning in church we sang a chorus that we haven't sang in ages. Yup, the chorus to that song! :::Godbumps:::

Chorus:
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days.
~Rich Mullins and Beaker

Yup, step by step down the garden path....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Charlene said...

WOW that's alot of carrots. One year I made some strawberry freezer jam and I was so proud of myself! I've never done it since. Of course we had to drive quite a bit to get the strawberrys. I also froze blueberries once after picking those.

Rich Mullins was one of the first artists I listened to after I rededicated my life to the Lord.

I can remember how sad I felt when I heard he died. His music has certainly blessed many christians across denominations.

mom said...

Yay, Charlene! There's just something special about eating foods that you've prepared yourself :-)

And it's nice to know I'm not alone in enjoying the music and verse of Rich Mullins :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin