Monday, October 8

the battle

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." ~ Psalm 18:16-19

During preparing to help lead a marriage class this fall, we were forewarned to expect a spiritual battle with enemy attacks. As we know from any battle fought on this earth, the best attacks are surprise ones that hit hard. The enemy seeks to divide and conquer, especially in the area of Christian marriages. Trust me, it is working if you compare divorce statistics between believers and non-believers. So, the purpose of this class - to help strengthen marriages in our church.

:::::BANG:::::

We've been hit. Hard. Unexpectedly. Painful beyond words. The enemy has used the proper ammunition to divide and conquer. And he could. Very easily.

BUT

we're not gonna let him. For we've recognized his plan. We've learned tools to use. We are on the same side and not enemies within our own household.

The battlefield is messy and we are wounded, however not defeated. We know the King who holds victory in His hand. And we will pick ourselves up, seek counsel and support, and draw nearer to the Lord in the process.

And I think of the goodness of the Lord for He has been unknowingly preparing me in the previous weeks through His Word. Remember how I was going to blog - and never got around to it because I was still chewing on it - about the Scriptures that had popped out to me about persevering?

Recognize the spiritual battle as the enemy seeks to destroy and discredit the testimony of believers. And cover your marriages in prayer and keep them protected by God. I cannot emphasize that enough.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin