Saturday, October 13

a change of plans

Last night it was exciting to think that I FINALLY had a Saturday to spend in entirety working on house cleaning. Now I know that wouldn't excite most people - LOL! - but I haven't had a free Saturday since we started soccer at the beginning of August. Over two months of not being home for an entire Saturday to just work on cleaning. And because of that a lot of basic areas in our home have gotten beyond pick-up clean. So, I went to sleep with dreams of scrubbing and vacuuming and dusting. I cannot tell a lie....I didn't really dream about that,
but it wasn't far from my mind! Waking up in the semi-darkness of the morning to my husband saying something about "it looks like we may have gotten some frost". WHAT?! I was suddenly completely awake. I've been checking online every evening to see how cold it is suppose to get so I know whether or not I need to cover the tomatoes. There hasn't been a frost since the one we had way back in September and I've kept the tarps out in the garden for the next one. And there wasn't any frost warning posted on the weather site. But as the morning lightened it was obvious that we had gotten a frost. Not a mild one either, but a heavy frost everywhere. My heart sunk. I have six tomato plants loaded with ripening tomatoes. I took a couple of pictures which I wish showed all the white of the frost on the plants and tarps, but trust me, it's bad.

So, change of plans for the day. As soon as I sign off from the computer, I'm going to pull all the ripened tomatoes and can them immediately. I'm hoping that the leaves actually sheltered a majority of them from the frost allowing them to still be usable. I will pull the tomatoes nearing redness in hopes that they may be still good and can ripen although past experience is that the heavy frost tends to ruin them.

And my major cleaning, well :::sigh::: I guess it will have to wait for another day as the Lord had other plans for this day.

Enjoy the day doing whatever the Lord shows you!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

P.S. I can never get my postings to look right no matter how much I try when I have more than one picture...sorry about that!

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I share your love of cleaning - whenit needs to be done and can totally sympathize with the frost!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin