Wednesday, October 31

the hats of love


Remember my AWANA Council Time message the other night? Here's a couple of pictures to give you a flavor of the message.

It was "Crazy Hat" night, so I went with that theme digging through bags of hats that came from my mother-in-law's house this summer. I picked a hat for each "fruit of the spirit" and during the message the girls from my group read a verse about each fruit listed in Galatians 5:22-23 as they placed a hat on their head...except for love. After we did the last one, I asked the group what was missing and they knew the answer - love. So, I called love up to the front and read I Corinthians 13:13 - "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." As we talked about love, I talked about how each of the fruits could easily grow in our life as long as we had God's love growing in us...and as I talked, I added each hat to love's head until love looked like the man from "Caps for Sale"! LOL! Then we went through the love exercise that I posted on Monday. It got quite loud as around 100 kids filled in the blanks with their names! Hopefully all the kids went home remembering how much God loves them and how they can show love to others :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

randi---i have to say said...

What a great idea! I know that the kids must have loved this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin