Monday, October 29

the love test

Between all the interruptions yesterday afternoon and evening, I worked on the rough draft of my Council Time message for tonight's AWANA Club. Today I need to work on all the props that I will need to present the message. The theme will be the fruits of the spirit with the main focus on LOVE.

Our school devotional theme all last week was on the topic of love and I'm going to use one of the exercises our family did with the clubbers tonight. It's a good way of pondering how well you are doing in the love department of your life. And I thought it may be a good thing to even post here. So here goes....

The verses used are from I Corinthians 13:4-7. Everywhere the word love is used, substitute your name. I'll highlight the spot for you!

"LOVE is patient, LOVE is kind. LOVE does not envy, LOVE does not boast, LOVE is not proud. LOVE is not rude, LOVE is not self-seeking, LOVE is not easily angered, LOVE keeps no records of wrongs. LOVE does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. LOVE always protects. LOVE always trusts, LOVE always hopes, LOVE always perseveres."

So, how did you do?

May you walk your garden path in LOVE today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

Our Family of Five said...

All I can do is.... ::::sigh::::

Cynthia said...

I can see my weaknesses all too clearly. What a fabulous exercise and I look forward to sharing it with my children.

Thank you for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin