Thursday, November 15

all thumbs up

"There are days when any electrical appliance in the house, including the vacuum cleaner, seems to offer more entertainment possibilities than the TV set." ~ Harriet Van Horne

Nope, I'm not much of a television watcher at all. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that television reception at our home comes through an antennae on the roof and picks up four channels - one clear, the other three questionable depending up on the weather or which way the antennae has turned in the wind. It's never reindeer on our rooftop...it's the pitter patter of boy feet up there turning the antennae until someone yells out the door, "it looks good!" Or perhaps I'm not a television watcher because it's rare to sit and watch a program that seems worthy of my time. A majority of the programming seems to be "garbage in, garbage out" and falls far short of the words found in Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Not all television shows fall into the nasty category and I think everyone has their own lines that they draw for thumbs up or thumbs down.

Yup, I am a movie watcher once in awhile. I primarily pick the old familiar ones or go by the recommendations of friends and what they've watched and enjoyed. And we just watched one that got a thumbs up by everyone in the household and which I can heartily recommend:

The Ultimate Gift


It's the story of a grandson that comes from a very wealthy family and the series of gifts his grandfather leaves behind him as a legacy. Keep kleenex nearby as it is definitely a sniffler assisted by a fountain of tears. And I'm delighted to say that Sara Groves sings one of the closing songs :-)

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Well there you have it! I enjoyed the Ultimate Gift also and last year was honored to see Sara Groves play for a Hearts at Home Conference in Michigan!

mom said...

o/^ :::high five:::

I'm looking into Sara Groves schedule as I've heard rumors that in the future she's going to be close enough that I could travel to see her in concert. Of course, this time of the year the weather gets much less dependable to travel :::sigh:::

Blog Widget by LinkWithin