Monday, November 19

my cranberry salad recipe

My daughter-in-law just emailed me for my cranberry salad recipe :::sniff sniff::: It feels like such a compliment! Since our Thanksgiving will be different this year, I won't be making this recipe. So, it seems proper to post it here for someone else to enjoy. I can't really remember where it originated from, but I liked it the first time I made it because it had reminded me of a cranberry salad my mother-in-law made one of the first years after we had met. Enjoy!

Mom's Cranberry Salad

3 oz package raspberry jello
3 TB sugar
1 bag fresh cranberries
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
2 crisp red apples, cored & quartered
1 orange quartered - do not peel

In a small bowl combine jello and one cup of boiling water. Stir until thoroughly dissolved, then set aside but do not refrigerate. Using food grinder, coarsely grind cranberries. Transfer them to a large bowl and stir in sugar and pineapple. Let them stand ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Put apples and orange through the food grinder, then stir them into the cranberry mixture. Add jello and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate. Makes 8 - 10 servings (it varies depending upon the crowd!)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin