Monday, November 19

off balance

Once in a great while I will wake up with this....vertigo. My head feels off balance which, of course, makes the rest of me feel off balance. It seems to happen whenever I sleep most of the night on my back which I don't typically do since I'm a side sleeper. However, I woke up in that position this morning. Quietly I prayed since I was already in the position that I typically like to roll into to pray before I leap out of bed. Then when I stood up from bed....WHOA! I immediately noticed it! So I'm moving slowly right now and not moving my head much but focusing in one place at a time. I'll take something to try and alleviate it and hope that it will just fade throughout the day. It's an unexpected detour for my plans for the day.

That happens in our spiritual lives from time to time. We seem to be going along just fine and suddenly we are off balance. Sometimes we can look back and see where we've been off course a bit and sometimes there's no sign of what threw us off. It usually requires us to slow down and not be busy looking around at the world, but to be still and just focus on God. Not a bad thing at all, is it?

Now to work on my list for the day to accommodate the detour.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin