Wednesday, November 7

stuck in the middle

From my devotional:

Bless the Lord, O my soul. ~ Psalm 103:1

This Psalm and its opening verses is in the very center of the Scriptures by an exact count of letters and verses. So let it stand in our lives, as we look backward and forward and upward in grateful thanksgiving, and as we sing in its closing strains, "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name." Lord, center my heart in Thee and in the spirit of love and praise. ~ A.B. Simpson
Isn't this a cool verse to be stuck in the middle of the Bible? And so appropriate as we enter a season of thanksgiving? Even in the midst of difficulties, there is so much to be thankful for now. So often we take things for granted rather than recognize the Lord and all He has given. All those little things that bless our hearts.

Take a moment to ask God to open your eyes to the little things which so easily miss our glimpses which He has blessed you with and praise Him from your heart!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Our Family of Five said...

I always enjoy this 'thankful' season. Thank you for sharing... Blessings to you! Lynn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin