Tuesday, November 20

uh huh

"With all the difficulties and problems that God brings into our lives, things which we would never choose for ourselves, I wonder sometimes if they are simply God's messengers to keep our feet on the ground and away from a proud heart." ~ David Jeremiah

Uh huh. There's no doubt in my mind that statement is true. After I read it last night, I thought back to situations in my own life that knocked me off my feet. Took me down to the bottom to show me that I was nothing, absolutely nothing, without Christ holding me up. True humility. Even talking about it feels prideful though, you know?

And I believe pride is part of our natural sin nature as it has been there since the very beginning of mankind. Perhaps that is why we can so easily recognize it in other people...it's part of us.

The Scripture that immediately comes to mind is this one: "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!" ~ Philippians 2:5-8

Can we completely empty ourselves and serve others humbly?

Only step by step with the Lord's help.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
Blog Widget by LinkWithin