Friday, November 16

a surprise of the best kind

Welcome to my home! I'm cooking a big pot of soup - can you tell by the size of the spoon? LOL! Actually, I'm not cookin' a thing, but grabbed the spoon so I'd have a prop to go with my new...

APRON!

What a wonderful totally unexpected surprise to get a package in the mail! You never know what may happen when you post on someone else's blog sharing three things you'd like for Christmas and a cyberfriend whom you've known for several years stops by there, too, and sees what you wrote and before you know it...there's a package in the mail! How very truly blessed it made me feel :-D

It is such a pretty apron that I'm almost afraid to wear it being the messy cook that I am, yet the fabric looks delightfully durable and worthy of even myself wearing it with pleasure.

And you know, every time I put this apron on I'll be reminded of this special friend and will whisper a prayer of thanksgiving for her as well as God to bless her life just as richly!

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for

that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.
Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun. " ~ Charles R. Swindoll

Thank you! :::sniff sniff:::

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Noel said...

Aww, that apron looks lovely on you! ;-)

pianopraise80 said...

Ooohhh....I thought you were just going to give someone a BIG spanking! LOL! I love the apron!! It SO pretty! :-D

Our Family of Five said...

what a wonderful gift, it's beautiful.... and wow that is a BIG spoon! ;)

mom said...

It does look lovely! Thank you, dear friend :-)

That IS a big spoon, isn't it? My oldest daughter found it at a rummage sale last summer and brought it home as a joke telling her siblings she thought it would work well for mom's, um, corrections LOL! Several years ago she also brought home a beautiful large spoon and fork set from the Philippines. I just need to figure out a decorating idea to put all these rather large utensils up in my kitchen!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin