Tuesday, December 18

never defeated


This past year has been such a wonderful Live Well Journey for me. It got kicked into high gear early in 2007 when my daughter was suddenly engaged with plans to be married in May. That gave me the initial kick and I was able to keep up a good momentum through the summer and into the fall. Slow and steady...that's my motto! For about eleven months.

Enter December. YIKES! The hand thunking episode began a series of challenges and they haven't ended yet as my upper back is suddenly giving me major OUCHes. What has been the hardest is not being able to exercise this week. Exercise is not only a GREAT natural stress reliever that works for myself, but also does my metabolism GOOD by giving me energy for the day :-) Okay, then throw in the two zabillion gazillion things on my holiday "to do" list - many of which I can't do at the moment because I can barely move - and suddenly I'm grazing in the kitchen which I've been very disciplined about over the past year. I am grazing primarily on healthy stuff, but still...ugh! It feels like a nasty downward spiral :::sigh:::

"Even though good people may be bothered by trouble seven times, they are never defeated." - Proverbs 24:16 (NCV)

Better than a diet. Better than exercise. Better than eight glasses of water a day.

GOD'S WORD. Talk about an awesome personal trainer, eh? I got Him...how about you?

Be encouraged, women of the LORD! WE CAN DO IT!

Follow other Live Well participants journeys here

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh yeah! I love the words, "Personal trainer" Yesterday I wrote a piece about accountability partners. We have three: God, ourselves, and others. But personal trainer sounds so much better!

Rose said...

Amen to that-We can do it with God's power on our side!!! Blessings, Rose

Living Beyond said...

Better than a diet. Better than exercise. Better than eight glasses of water a day.

GOD'S WORD

AMEN - I love it thanks for your post!

Charlene said...

I'm thinking about incorporating Live Well Wednesday's into my blog and my life beginning in January, how do I sign up for this group? Just jump in or is it like a ring where you have to be approved?

mom said...

Charlene, you don't have to formally sign up for the group - at least I don't think so - just follow the link that I posted at the end of my post for today. That should bring up the main Live Well page. Grab the button code on a Wednesday, write your Live Well post, link your post at the main site as well as leaving a comment. There is a Live Well button for your sidebar, too, which I have yet to take some time figuring out and putting on my sidebar...hehe...

It's a great way to be encouraged :-)

Susanne said...

It's neat that many of us are on the "same page" this week, with getting back to basics and calling on our Personal Trainer for help. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Have a great week, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Alicia said...

Hi Tammy!! I found your blog with the live well on CWO. I also posted it on my sidebar! I believe we can do this! I am going to write about it in my blog tomorrow! I loved reading your thoughts!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin