Thursday, December 6

a song in the night

Ice breaks many a branch, and so I see a great many persons bowed down and crushed by their afflictions. But now and then I meet one that sings in affliction, and then I thank God for my own sake as well as his. There is no such sweet singing as a song in the night. You recollect the story of the woman who, when her only child died, in rapture looking up, as with the face of an angel, said, "I give you joy, my darling." That single sentence has gone with me years and years down through my life, quickening and comforting me. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

This morning as I was praying for a young family which has recently received a devastating diagnosis, I thought back to this paragraph which I had read earlier in the week. Even in the midst of difficulty, they have been speaking words of hope. That is their song in the night. They have put their faith and trust in their Heavenly Father as He walks them through a dark time.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:7

May we, too, when faced with impossibility in our life rest in the perfect peace found only in God.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin