Monday, December 10

the stars in the sky

A combination of the lasting effects from Mexican food a couple of nights ago (never again!) and a mind filled with a list longer than my arm for the day ahead caused my eyes to open early this morning. It made no sense to lie there thinking about it, so I arose to start the day. It did make sense to go and exercise so early since my household was still sound asleep. Ever so quietly I got dressed and out the door. Immediately I caught my breath as the brrrr cold air hit my face. Below zero again. An instant later I caught my heart as the blackened skies were loaded with stars! I felt like my four year old who loves spinning as I spun around to gaze at every inch of the sky. AWESOME!

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge." ~ Psalm 19:1-2

Although God is a part of my daily life, He can often blend into the routine. It is reminders like this that awaken me once again to how incredibly awesome my Heavenly Father is not only as the Creator of the universe, but as the keeper of my heart.

This day my little light will shine brighter having been renewed by the display of my Father lights! May He renew your delight in Him, too, as you walk along your path today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Charlene said...

The crisp and clear night or early morning sky makes it the perfect time to stargaze. I think that is the ONLY think I like about winter...well I do like snow, while I'm inside! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin