Thursday, January 10

the not bio picture

Upon being added to The Heart of the Matter writing team, one of the first pre-launch requirements was for each person to submit their bio and a picture. The bio part didn't take long to do, but it was hard to find time to get a picture taken since we were in the midst of the very busy holidays. Once the main holiday events were over, I talked to my girls one morning about taking a picture. I told them that I knew what I wanted to wear, the jewelry I'd put on, and where I'd have the picture taken. No problem, right? WRONG! The next thing I knew there were five - no, six with the grandangel - girls going through my closet, then my jewelry. My hair got trimmed and fluffed by my oldest daughter. The picture spots were chosen. And everything ended up being contrary to what I had initially planned!

Let's just say it was a challenge to do what should have been a two minute job. I was either talking or turning or constantly closing my eyes in anticipation of the flash as we tried shot after shot. The best shots came toward the end when I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of trying to get just one.good.picture.

Although this picture would NOT work well for a bio headshot, it truly is my favorite picture of all that we took that day. It captures how I best enjoy living life amongst this family God gave me. With joy. With laughter. With a sense of humor. And during the most crazy frustrating disappointing maddening days that I've encountered, as I've stopped to assess the ridiculousness of those situations, it is those three ingredients which have pulled me through the moment - joy, laughter, a sense of humor.

You know, Proverbs 15 has three verses that talk about cheer:

*verse 13a - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful"

*verse 15b - "but the cheerful heart has a continual feast"

*verse 30 - "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."

So, on the topic of good cheer, let me invite you to read my very first post at The Heart of the Matter which you can find right HERE I've already gotten a couple comments from family members - one doesn't like my bio picture at all because it doesn't look like me and another said that I'm really not that old as was emphasized in my article. Interesting, eh?

Have a cheerful laugh out loud kind of day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Tammy! I found you on "Heart of the Matter" through a roundabout way -- through Sallie Anderson on a Yahoo group I am on, having to do with the Jamestown 400 celebration and treasure hunt. Anyway, what a wonderful surprise! I cannot think of anyone I "know" better prepared and established to encourage homeschooling families.

Bless you, my dear, for using your delightful writing skills and your heart for God in such a profitable way -- the seeds you will sow in this forum will bear much fruit, for time and eternity. I will be checking in with anticipation.

Christina said...

Your bio pic is GREAT, but this one sure shows your fun side!

Congrats on your first 'official' article today! How fun!

mom said...

It made me smile to remember that I first met you, Bonnie, on a homeschooling forum several years ago and was delighted to meet you and your family in person almost five years ago now :-) YOU have always been a godly source of encouragement and support for me through the years, so I am humbled and blessed by your encouragement once again! {{{Bonnie}}}

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kelli said...

Tammy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you did because, as a new homeschooling mom, I will be chacking out your writing.

Kelli

Donna Boucher said...

I keep meaning to tell you how much I love this picture and I just can't wait to meet you in person some day!!!

mom said...

Ditto, Donna! Yes, someday! :-)

It's strange because it seems that most of my boys don't like this picture....I dunno? I love it for the moment it perfectly captures :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin