Tuesday, January 15

oh that molding and polishing

"Someday, God is going to reveal the fact to every Christian, that the very principles they now rebel against, have been the instruments which He used in perfecting their characters and molding them into perfection, polished stones for His great building yonder." ~ Cortland Myers

Now, isn't that something to ponder? Is there something that comes immediately to mind that the Lord keeps bringing before you that you are perhaps rebelling against? Trust me, He probably isn't going to leave you alone until you look it square in the eye.

As we've been in the new year, He's been doing a mighty fine job of that very thing in my own life. It seems it doesn't matter where I go, I hear His whisper. It may be in a conversation with a friend, a Scripture passage I'm studying, a devotional for the day, a book I glance through, He is there speaking about one particular area of my life. At first I shook it off as coincidence - you can chuckle at me - however, I'm beginning to feel a tad bit like Jonah as God is being a bit relentless in pursuing me. He has my attention now. I'm listening. I'm getting it as all the pieces are fitting together. BUT I don't really know HOW He wants me to do it. In other words, what does it look like in practical terms? So, now I've hit the *on my knees prayer* stage. The *show me, Lord* stage. The *okay, mold me, polish me, Lord* stage. And if I ever get it figured out, I'm sure you'll hear about it here.....

Until then, may your own heart be open to the Lord's molding and polishing!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Macromoments said...

Molding and polishing...I love this analogy of God at work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin