Friday, January 4

an old dog

It is hard to be the old dog sometimes and not be able to figure out the new tricks.

The computer world still remains largely elusive to me.

Although just updated, some technicalities were putting me to the point of, um, unhappiness. My internet browsers were busy crashing every time I'd go to my favorite blogs. My favorite bookmarks disappeared. My familiar fonts were gone. And after attempts to resolve these issues via being on the phone with my son, he suggested such a simple solution....to further update some software. Yes, very simple. Extremely simple if you know the main password to your computer. Um, well, it's one of those things I quite honestly never use since this is my computer and rarely used by others. Soooo, I tried every password I've ever used in my entire life and NONE of them worked. The strangeness to this situation is that I needed to put a password in after all the initial updating was done on New Year's Eve and one of my usual passwords did work. But, it would not work when I really needed it to work. I even checked my computer file and went through every note to see if I had missed a password somewhere. NOTHING. So, last evening another phone call resulted in more changes on my laptop and now I have a new password. The software update could be processed and took quite awhile, but it does seem that things are working much better now. And my son has assured me that my favorite booksmarks can be found and restored. And that he will put AOL/IM back on even though he thinks iChat rocks much better. And he'll find my favorite fonts to download back onto my computer. He is tremendously patient with me for which I am VERY thankful.

And so this old dog is purring a bit this morning :-)

May all YOUR computer problems be little ones!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I feel your pain! Glad you got it working.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin