Wednesday, January 9

back on track to living well


Tra la la! The holidays are over and I'm anxious to hear how everyone did on their Living Well journey during the past few weeks.

My biggest challenge has been NOT being able to exercise since mid-December due to the pinched nerve in my neck. I did walk one hour last week that was manageable and hope to at least be able to get into a walking routine in the days ahead as my neck and back are adjusted into a more favorable position. Ohhh, I so miss the basic stress relief that exercise provides! And I also miss the camaraderie and fellowship that is a regular part of my morning exercise time at Curves.

Actually, food-wise I did well during the holidays. For the most part I was able to stick to eating smaller portions of healthy foods and tried to stay away from those mindless eating situations which pop up so easily when all my family is home and life centers in the kitchen of our home. My downfall was my homemade fudge which is always worthwhile to sneak out of the container. I'd like to give up making it to take the temptation right out of my life, but a couple of my kids really enjoy eating it, too.

All in all, I only gained a pound or two throughout the holidays which is so so much better than other years. I thank God for giving me the strength I needed each time I called upon Him for help. And I'm counting on Him to continue revealing to me the wisdom I need to continue on this Living Well journey.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who give generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." ~ James 1:5

Be wise and live well!

Follow the journey of other Living Well participants here

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

Yeah-sounds like you did well! Keep it up. Getting through the holidays is the hardest. And I feel ya about the fudge! My weakness too.
Blessings,
Angela

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like you used the right tools during the holidays. I'm pround of you. Have a great week!
Mama Bear

randi---i have to say said...

Only a couple of pounds? Good for you! Once you are able to get back to walking, it will come right off. I try to get back to eating normal after the holidays and my weight goes back too.

I saw on the forums that you need a snow picture. Would you like me to send you a couple for your post?

If so, just send me your email. Here is the one I use to send out pics:

haydenfam7@yahoo.com

Have a good day,

Randi

ValleyGirl said...

Oooo, a pinched nerve in the neck is SO NOT FUN! I'm glad to hear you're slowly resuming your exercise routines. What an awful time of year to actually not be able to exercise!! (Funny how sitting and eating doesn't affect the neck muscles much!)

I need my morning walk too, more for the mental stability and tranquility I get from it than the cardio. It's physically the best way to start my day. When I don't go (I can't always because my hubby's a middle-distance trucker and I've got two little girls at home that I don't like to bring along with me when I walk!) I just feel like I'm behind all day long. Like instead of being proactive and on top of things, I'm in 'reaction mode' all day long.

I hope you'll be able to walk regularly again soon.

mom said...

Ohhh, I so agree about the walking! Not only does it help physically, but it gives me that wonderful mental massage of sorts as I do a lot of life's pondering while walking :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Living Beyond said...

Oh pinched nerve sounds nasty - I had a torn ligament in my foot and just exercised for the first time in FOREVER! yesterday - it felt so good - I know what you mean about exercise being a stress reliever - it felt sooooo good!!

Good for you in only ganing a couple of pounds me too and now I've lost them again - so I am back on track right there with you!

Hope you feel 100% real soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin