Wednesday, February 13

back in action



Out of action.

My regular exercise schedule has been out of action since mid-December when I pinched the nerve in my neck with those silly bone spurs on my vertebrae. I was allowed two months of medical release at Curves which means next week I'll go back as I'll once again be a paying customer and I am doing better physically now. Back to three days a week and getting the opportunity to try out the new Smart Workout.

Out of action.

My regular walking schedule had been out of action for almost two weeks when I broke my eye glasses and could no longer drive my car. Yes, I could get rides by other drivers for most of my activities, but trust me, there aren't a whole lot of people volunteering to pick me up at 5:30 A.M. so I can walk for an hour.

Back in action.

Since I got my new glasses later on Friday, I could now return to my Tuesday/Thursday early morning walking schedule barring anything like snowstorms (yes, you guys know that the frigid cold weather doesn't scare me off...he he). So on Tuesday morning I was, well honestly, not leaping out of bed. It was more like a whispering to my husband to push me out of bed because I was long overdue for some exercise. And being the good guy he is, he did just that...then rolled back over and went back to sleep!

Back in action.

It did feel good to get there and begin walking. YES! Um, then about twenty minutes into the walk I began thinking of the couple of errands I needed to run on the way home. Maybe I could just walk 30 minutes and run those errands early? And trust me, I watched the clock as I neared that 30 minute mark. And when I made it to that point I almost had to ask one of the older couples who were walking to grab my hands and pull me along because I so so badly wanted to leave. But I persevered asking for God's help and kept walking. And shortly before the one hour mark my legs began feeling like lead and cramping up a bit. It's been a long time since that has happened. But I persevered asking for God's help and kept walking until I hit my full hour.

The surprising thing to me was how easy it was to get out of the habit of exercising AND how quickly my body regressed. Both were a subtle process that I barely noticed. YIKES!

Back in action.

Yesterday and today I have felt more energetic and feel certain my metabolism needed that kick in the pants that the walk gave it. It has also helped me look more seriously at my recent eating activity which also was beginning a subtle process downward that I barely noticed.

Back in action.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ~ Philippians 4:13

To follow the journey of other Live Well participants, go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

Glad to hear you are back in action! Cannot wait to see how next week goes at Curves! It is really scary how fast your body regresses. I learned that the hard way before too.
Blessings,
Angela

Love Bears All Things said...

The enemy is always trying to derail our efforts to live well. Don't listen. I'm glad you kept on going and feel better because of it. keep up the good work!
Mama Bear

Darlene said...

Exercise is such a funny thing. I never feel like doing it, but after I'm so glad that I did. You get so refreshed, and feel great about it. Glad to see you're back in action!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin