Wednesday, February 27

be a Joshua



As we were doing our devotional time before our schooling yesterday, we were reading in chapter fourteen of the book of Joshua. Joshua was looking back to the time he was sent by Moses as a servant into the promised land until the present day - ever faithful to his God throughout that time - and then he made the coolest statement starting in verse ten: "Now, then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then."

WOW!

Really, how many of us will be making such a statement when we are eighty-five years old? Wouldn't YOU like to be as strong and vigorous at eighty-five as you were at forty?

Since I believe God's Word is truth, I have to believe it's possible. And I believe it is possible through following the Living Well principles we talk about each week. Eating proper portions of healthy foods. Exercising regularly. Drinking adequate amounts of water. Getting plenty of rest. Spending time daily in God's Word to study, pray, and worship Him.

Sound easy? Just as Joshua didn't do it alone, neither can we. Place in your heart the words the LORD spoke to Joshua as he began his journey, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

Amen? AMEN!

To follow the journey of other Living Well participants, go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Ugh, I don't feel so hot already at 35!! Good food for thought, Tammy!

Karen said...

Such great words of wisdom and inspiration! Thank you for sharing. Have a great week!

Darlene said...

Tammy, something about this post really spoke to me. I felt God gently whisper encouragement to me through your words. My eyes are burning with tears now.

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

Amen girl! That is a wonderful post!
I too hope and believe that by following these principles that I will be even stronger than I am now! :)
Much love,
Angela

Kathleen Marie said...

That is so true. We should never have to think that we have to go through tough times alone... Great post! Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin