Monday, February 25

praising and growing


"Praise is like sunlight to the human spirit: we cannot flower and grow without it. " ~ Jess Lair

In the newspaper recently there was a book review on a book about depression. The author of the article expanded the topic a bit and also talked about the phenomenon found in cold climates known as *cabin fever* as well as adding a bit on SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). It was interesting to read as I could go through the check list and often say, "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh". I'm certain that hormones this stage of life don't help either :-p

There were also tips that were given to help get through these winter months. One idea was fresh flowers. Those who know me can see me smiling, can't you?! I absolutely adore fresh flowers :-) And guess what my husband randomly brought home on Saturday after coming home from errands? Yup, a small fresh bouquet of flowers. The combination of the flowers and SUNSHINE kept me smiling :-)

Then I read this quote and said, "WOW!" How true! Have you seen how your children's faces light up whenever you praise them? Even over the littlest things they've done? They smile. They beam. They grow! And it even works with husbands *wink*

So put a little praise into your garden today and watch it smile and grow!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin