Wednesday, February 20

stay healthy



'Tis the season! And it's not a very jolly one either :-p~

Last week at church an ER doctor shared during study that the flu had officially arrived in our area as many cases were being seen. Before hearing that, many people I know had been dealing with respiratory illnesses. And if it wasn't that, it was that stomach *bug* going around. Blech. And ugh.

Upon hearing that news, I went into high alert *grin* by getting pro-active with my family. Airborne, Emergen-C drinks, vitamins, good balanced meals, and fluids, as well as keeping the kids out of large group settings as much as possible. We had a grandbaby coming and I didn't want health to keep me away this time (the kids got sick right after my first grandbaby arrived). And it worked! When I left home, everyone was healthy.

Now that it's almost time to go back home, that's no longer the case. Sounds like one possible case of flu and all the family had a good exposure to the stomach yuck. I'll find out more when I call home later to see if anyone has fallen victim to the *bug*. Suddenly my going home plans are in limbo, but I'm relieved that God has a plan for my return.

Living well. It's not something you do just when you need to stay well. It's a lifestyle that is incorporated into you daily life. Exercising. Eating correct portion sizes of healthy foods. Drinking water throughout the day. Using supplements when necessary. And especially during seasons of illness, avoiding sugars as they break down your immune system big time.

Living well. It's something you need to do for YOU as a wife and mother. It's a daily lifestyle that is necessary to give you strength to take care of all the responsibilities God has placed in your life.

Living well. It's something that includes spiritual health. Do spend quiet time with the Lord each day. In His word. In prayer. In praise. In worship. In thanksgiving.

Put it all together and you'll be living well and doing it abundantly!

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." ~ John 10:10b

Until we meet again, stay healthy!

To follow the journey of other Living Well participants, go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, the nasty flu! Blech. I despise the stomach flu, and am thankful I haven't had it for a very long time. Yay!

Your notes on Living Well are so right on. Keep up the good fight!

newcreationart said...

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Blessings,
Carrie

Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog said...

So glad things seem well. Yes, Living Well is a lifestyle choice!
Blessings,
Angela

ValleyGirl said...

You're so right about 'living well' needing to be a permanent lifestyle change! I've been living 'badly' for so long and changing is a VERY slow process, but at least I'm working at it!! I hope your family is all on the mend and that no one else will get sick!

Susanne said...

"It's something you need to do for YOU as a wife and mother. It's a daily lifestyle that is necessary to give you strength to take care of all the responsibilities God has placed in your life"...
THANK YOU FOR THIS!! I NEEDED TO HEAR IT...BADLY!! ;-)

Love Bears All Things said...

Ooh! Sorry some of your family is ill. I guess congrats are in order for the new grand although I didn't read down that far.
I always take lots of V-C in the winter and use those antibacterial lotions often. We went out for dinner Saturday night, had to wait in the foyer for 30 minutes are so. The grands kept going from there inside where their Mom was over and over. When we were seated, Grandmother whipped out the lotion. No telling how many people had touched that door handle since it was cleaned.
Have a good week. Hope everyone is well by Wednesday.
Mama Bear

Blog Widget by LinkWithin