Wednesday, March 12

*bug* season



So often we think of the Living Well journey as being one primarily of weight loss. But that should not be the sole purpose. Rather, our vision should be a healthier all-around lifestyle covering our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. As we make healthier choices in all those areas our lives, I believe life will be more abundant in many ways.

But sometimes despite our best efforts and factors we cannot control, life takes a tumble. Sickness strikes! Extra care is necessary to restore our bodies back to health. And although so far we haven't had major sickness in our family this winter - I'm praying we won't! - we've had a bit of this and a bit of that, just enough to throw us off balance. You'll find a bit more about this today over at Heart of the Matter where I've written an article about our recent sickness. The middler who wasn't feeling good when I drafted the article is doing better although not 100% yet. And so far no one else seems to have caught her *bug*.

Having children not feeling well is just another reminder of how important it is that I'm taking good care of myself so that I can tend to their needs. And I encourage you to do the same!

Have a healthy day of Living Well, my garden friends!

To follow the Living Well journey of other participants, go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

You're so right, Tammy! Focusing on changing my lifestyle rather than specifically losing weight has been, like, a PARADIGM shift for me!! But things seem to be going so much better ~ and I'm suddenly fitting into an old pair of jeans!

Darlene said...

Oh, there's a wicked flu going around here, and I've heard the US is suffering much the same. It's such a blessing to have health! Thanks for the post. :)

Love Bears All Things said...

It isn't all about weight loss for me either. I am trying to lose to be better fit and to lower my cholestrol so hopefully I can avoid one more medication.
We have to remember that this Live Well is about body, mind and spirit and I think Darlene emphasizes that.
Mama Bear

Blog Widget by LinkWithin