Tuesday, March 18

just stay

"In fierce storms, " said an old seaman, "we must do one thing; there is only one way; we must put the ship in a certain position and keep her there."

This Christian, is what you must do. Sometimes, like Paul, you can see neither sun nor stars, and no small tempest lies on you; and then you can do but one thing; there is only one way.

Reason cannot help you; past experiences give you no light. Even prayer fetches no consolation. Only a single course is left. You must put your soul in one position and keep it there.

You must stay upon the Lord; and come what may--winds, waves, cross-seas, thunder, lightning, frowning rocks, roaring breakers--no matter what, you must lash yourself to the helm, and hold fast your confidence in God's faithfulness, His covenant engagement, His everlasting love in Christ Jesus. ~ Richard Fuller

When I read this I immediately thought of situations in my life where this was the choice I had to make - to just stay upon the Lord. Really, there was no other choice I could make. I could not reason or figure out how to move through the situations nor did I have past experience to give me insight, and no matter how much I stormed the heavens with my prayers, God was quiet. The only option was to pray for His will and to stay upon Him.

My thoughts also went to many others who are in difficult situations right at this moment in time; a time when the storms do not let up, but continue to rage. A choice needs to be made in the course to follow.

What will it be?

At least now I do have some past experience with taking the only option and can say without a doubt that it is the best option. God has proven Himself completely faithful as I stayed upon Him. My emotions would keep me tossed here and there, but with God as my Anchor I could abide with my eyes on Him. And when the storms had passed and the clouds lifted, my confidence was strengthened by the Sonlight shining into my life.

May you, too, be able to hold your position in the Lord no matter what the weather is in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin