Wednesday, April 16

going around a mountain



Yup, going around a mountain again. And not in the physical sense. In a spiritual sense. But even that is one of the steps of Living Well, although looking over the edge doesn't *feel well* at all right now!

It is one of our notorious sayings within the group of women I'm meeting with for Bible study on Wednesday mornings...."the Lord is just taking you around the mountain again"....which translated means: there are certain people and experiences and situations that God tends to allow us to repeat so we learn an important lesson for our spiritual growth.

And so here I go....around the mountain again.

What I don't understand is why? Really....I walked through some painful things the last time, processed them, forgave them, healed from them. And was having a nice walk forward until something happened in someone else's life which triggered some strong emotions in my own life ::::sigh::::

How thankful I am for the support, fellowship, and encouragement of other believers during a time like this! One friend in particular has the gift of exhorting me without me even realizing it and I am so blessed by her! As our group of women talked through it this morning, it was concluded that yes, I have been around this mountain before. And yes, I did walk through some painfully rocky paths the last time BUT perhaps I tackled some of the big things that trip around the mountain. This time I'm maybe dealing with the sharp small stones that I didn't notice the last time since my eyes were focused on the big things. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

Still painful, yet my prayer is that God would search my heart and reveal to me exactly what I need to learn so I may walk directly through it and come to a place of healing.

Bottom line....my heart's desire is to be Living Well in ALL areas of my life!

How about you? Has God revealed areas that are painful and need to be walked through whatever they may be? Please know that there are others who are willing to come alongside to encourage, support, and even exhort you as they lovingly pray for you!

To follow the journey of other Living Well participants, go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



4 comments:

Crystal said...

I too know what going around the same mountain time and time again feels like. It is hard when God reveals things we need to deal with but He will be faithful in it all!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Becky said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I think that many of us have gone in circles around a same mountain! I like that analogy, as I've never really known what to call it!
Praying that as God reveals things to you, you will also feel His peace!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Yep, it's more then just physical! I desire to be well rounded in my Living Well! Thanks for the great post! May God continue to direct you as you reach the next bend!

Mari said...

Great post...I just came across it as I prepare my own "going 'round the mountain" post. Blessings to you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin