Thursday, April 3

thumbs up for reading


Welcome to day five of Home Education Week! To follow others who are talking about the topic of the day, be sure to stop over at Dana's place at Principled Discovery and follow the links

Show and Tell Thursday, April 3
Show off those talents. Share a story, a special moment, a piece of artwork. Any accomplishment, great or small, is fair game.

After thinking about this for awhile, I think that my greatest joy has been to watch the light bulb come on the moment reading clicked with each of my children (well, except the littlest who is still doing alphabet stuff, but I look forward to this one learning to read, too!). They've all hit the learning-to-read stage at a different age which has typically been around six years old, but I've had some a little younger and I've had one a few years later than that. But once it clicked....off they went! Truly, it's a matter of me giving them the tools and their little minds learning how to use them. How cool is that?

What greater gift can they attain than reading? The whole wide world is there for them to partake of as they can read about anything they want. Their learning suddenly becomes broadly expanded. And it's fascinating to see that each child has a different area of interest they enjoy reading about which gives us a wide variety of things to discuss.

Of course, all these readers in the household justify bookshelf after bookshelf of books, right? LOL!

What's your show and tell?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Renae said...

Yes, bookshelves are perfectly justified. We have them everywhere. I finally decided that I decorate with books. :)

Thanks for sharing!
Peace to you,
Renae
Life Nurturing Education

Christy said...

I do wonder if there are many others that can appreciate bookshelves the way we do.

mom said...

I like the thought of "I decorate with books!" LOL! And I think that every homeschooling family appreciates the gift that bookshelves are in their home...just wish I could find what I'm looking for on them when I need something!

Heather said...

Books are such a blessing and it is so exciting when they get it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin