Wednesday, May 28

the continuing cold

Last week I caught a cold. Others in my family caught a cold.

This week I still have this cold. Others in my family still have this cold.

Can I say UGH?!

Colds throw everything out of balance. Especially the kind of colds that require lots of nose blowing and coughing.

Can I say UGH again?!

My eating is off. My exercising is off. My sleeping is off. My energy level is off. And I just want it to go away :::sigh:::

I've been taking supplements in hopes I can shorten the life span of this cold, but they haven't been making much of a difference. I took naps over the weekend to get more rest, but only feel like I need more rest. I'm staying away from foods that bog down my system, well, except for that ice cream last night. I dunno.

Oh, wait a minute. I just thought of something. I haven't been praying specifically for myself and my health. I pray for everyone else's health, but mine?

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." ~ Romans 12:12

Hmmm, this cold has kept me from being joyful, I'm losing my patience with it, and I haven't prayed about it. Nothing like God's Word to get a person back on track, eh? Time to capture the best remedy for a cold and return to Living Well!

May you be found joyful, patient, and faithful in your Living Well journey today!

To follow the lives of other Living Well women, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

8 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Either way, it's high time that cold was on its way OUT!! Hope you feel better real quick. But you have such a wonderful attitude ~ I hope I can remember this next time I'm getting sick and tired of not feeling well! (which will probably happen this summer, since we've been relatively illness-free all winter!)

Amanda B. said...

Oh girl, I sooooo feel your pain. My whole family has been suffering from colds, allergies, fevers, etc. it seems the whole month of May. We've missed church, I've missed my FirstPlace group (weight loss program I'm in), and I've missed way more than I like to count work outs. It just seems that being a little under the weather is a convenient "excuse" to fall off balance. Praise the Lord...He never fails us...I hope you get to feeling better and have a renewed spirit, soul, and body in June.

God Bless

Denise said...

Praying for you to feel much better.

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

The last cold I had I took 1000 mg of vitamin C a day, it gave me mouth sores but the cold left within 2 days...

Hope you are feeling better soon!☺

Bobbie said...

It is hard to do anything with a COLD! I am saying UGH with you....(or is it for you?)

Darlene said...

Inspiring as always. You can say ugh all you want! Ugh is just is two letters short of a laugh. Not too bad.

Brumbemom said...

I can't believe you are still dealng with temps in the 30's. That would be bad. I feel for you, I hope you at least got your coffee pot working. The only good thing about cold weather is having an excuse to drink more coffee. Feel Better! :-)

Kathleen Marie said...

Yuck! A spring cold! We had snow two days ago...four inches and I have been chilled. I pray you and your family heal quickly... I pray for spring and sunshine! Amen!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin