Thursday, May 1

now a meadow

It was only a mere couple of weeks ago that God was taking me around a mountain...again. As I worked through that with a bit of fear and trembling and some heart searching, God faithfully showed me a few things about myself. He's pretty good about that, isn't He? Especially when it's stuff that makes you go blech and ugh and "I hear you, Lord!" And then I thought that perhaps He was done for me awhile and He'd go and work on somebody else, right?, because I thought I was going in the direction He wanted me to go.

:::::SLAM:::::

:::::THUD:::::

And there I was on the ground.

You know how people often say they wish God would leave them a note or write on the wall what He wants them to do? Well, I can say with certainty that there are times when He makes things so so SO obvious that you'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind NOT to see what He's saying.

I lay there stunned on the ground by His NO. I cried. It hurt. I didn't understand.

And the next morning after my time spent in His Word, I cried. I hurt. I didn't understand.

As I went into my favorite private prayer closet (better known as the shower), I cried out to Him to clearly show me what He wanted. That my heart's desire was to be obedient to what He wanted me to do, to change, to minister, to whatever. Just show me so I know. Show me clearly.

:::smile:::

It began unfolding that afternoon as I was running errands about town on a mission to find some packing peanuts to ship off my giveaways. And it continued through the afternoon and evening as we spent time with a couple who invited us to a dinner and banquet.

When you know God, you know nothing happens "by chance" or "by coincidence". God appointed meetings. In His timing.

::::Godbumps:::::

Now I stand before a beautiful meadow. It's a familiar meadow. And I have no idea how He wants me to weave my way through it this time. But I do know that I'm keeping my hands off the whole journey ahead and allowing His fingerprints to lead me. And I know He will. He is faithful. He is loving. He is trustworthy. He is the author and the perfecter of my faith.

And in the meantime, I think I'll stay on my knees and just hang out in His Word which I love so much!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin